Princess Charlene months away from full recovery-Palace dashes hope of Christmas return

Princess Charlene of Monaco 'taken on' too much says expert

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Prince Albert revealed his wife Princess Charlene was admitted to a treatment facility “outside of Monaco” in November, shortly after her return to South Africa. Now the Palace has issued a statement updating concerned royal watchers on her health. 

In this message, the palace dismantled hopes the princess would be able to return home in time for Christmas.

The statement read: “[The Princess] is recuperating in a satisfactory and reassuring manner, although it may take a few more months before her health has reached a full recovery.”

The message added Prince Albert and his twin children, Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella, are planning to visit Charlene during the Christmas break.

It also asked for the family’s privacy to be respected.

The head of the House of Grimaldi revealed last month how, shortly after the return of Princess Charlene to Monaco, it “became pretty evident that she was unwell”.

The princess, Albert said, is suffering from “exhaustion, both emotional and physical”.

Charlene’s state is the result of “several factors which are private matters.”

But, speaking to People magazine, Prince Albert acknowledged his wife’s recent health issues and separation from her family had at least played a part in her state.

He said: “Obviously there were consequences of her different surgeries and the procedures she underwent in the last few months.

“That certainly was a factor, but at this point I prefer not to comment further.

“I can say she was suffering incredible fatigue.

“She hadn’t slept well in a number of days and she wasn’t eating at all well.

“She has lost a lot of weight, which made her vulnerable to other potential ailments.

“A cold or the flu or God help us, COVID.”

Princess Charlene remained stuck in South Africa, the country she grew up in, in May, after developing a severe ENT infection.

The royal had travelled there to remain in the country for a few days to work on conservation initiatives with her foundation and raise awareness on the illegal poaching of rhino horns.

However, developing the infection meant she remained grounded in the country for six months, until she healed from her health issue.

After undergoing treatment and two surgeries, Charlene managed to fly home and be reunited with her family.

She celebrated returning to the Monaco palace with her husband and children by sharing a new family picture on her Instagram account.

Since her admission to the treatment facility, Charlene hasn’t shared a picture of herself.

But she has marked important moments for her family on Instagram.

On November 19, she marked National Day – Monaco’s main holiday – by sharing a video of a Monegasque flying flag with the national anthem playing in the background.

On December 10, she shared three pictures of her twin children celebrating their seventh birthday.

On Wednesday, Charlene wished happy holidays to her followers by publishing the Monegasque royals’ official Christmas card – a drawing depicting her family gathered near a Christmas tree.

The royal wrote as caption to the picture: “Wishing everyone a beautiful and safe festive season all my love”.

Source: Read Full Article