Queen Elizabeth health update: Queen’s recovery since hospital visit explained

Kate Middleton is 'Queen Bee' says royal insider

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

The Queen will be spending Christmas this year at Windsor instead of the traditional venue Sandringham, after two months of light rest following a bout of ill health during the autumn. After she completed several engagements within just a few days, Buckingham Palace announced on October 20 the monarch was to cancel a trip to Northern Ireland.

Her medical team had advised against the visit for undisclosed reasons.

It later emerged the sovereign was taken to hospital on that same day to carry out “preliminary tests”, the results of which were not shared.

Royalists were even more concerned over the Queen’s health after the Palace announced last minute she could no longer attend the National Service of Remembrance.

It was the first time the Queen was not at the sacred ceremony at the Cenotaph in London for more than two decades.

READ MORE: Kate dazzles fans with stunning piano performance at Christmas concert

Buckingham Palace confirmed she was suffering from a sprained back.

It is believed the standing and the journey from Windsor would not have benefitted the monarch.

But the Queen appears to have made a good recovery, and has since been spotted outside of Windsor.

In late November, she attended the double christening of Lucas Philip Tindall and August Philip Hawke Brooksbank at the All Saints Chapel in Windsor.

The Queen also recorded her Christmas address earlier in December, meaning she is well enough to give public address and keep with light duties.

Earlier this month, Prince Charles gave a candid update about his mother while on a royal visit to Jordan.

When asked about his mother’s wellbeing, he said: “She’s alright, thank you very much.

“Once you get to 95, it’s not quite as easy as it used to be. It’s bad enough at 73.”

DON’T MISS
Prince Charles and Camilla abuse forced couple to alter Christmas plan [INSIGHT]
Kate Middleton young: 10 pictures of Kate throughout the years [GALLERY]
Meghan Markle echoes Diana with first family picture with Lilibet [ANALYSIS]

A few days later, the monarch was pictured at Windsor Castle continuing engagements.

The Queen will be spending Christmas with her son Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall after cancelling her traditional plans to spend Christmas with the wider family at Sandringham.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will be spending Christmas at their home in Norfolk and will be joined by members of the Middleton family.

This year is the Queen’s first Christmas without the late Prince Philip, who died in April 2021.

Last year, the two spent Christmas Day together at Windsor Castle without the rest of the family.

Prince Philip died aged 99 on April 9 this year, reportedly with the Queen by his side.

The move to change their Christmas plans follows the advice of England’s chief medical officer to limit social contact over Christmas.

Source: Read Full Article