Just as last week, the 93-year-old Queen’s meeting with Prime Minister Boris Johnson took place via a phone call on Wednesday, as both the royal family and Downing Street office shared photos of the chat taking place. The Queen’s people are still in talks as to whether future meetings will be held on Skype or FaceTime as the world adjusts to measures unprecedented in our lifetimes.
The photo shows The Queen at her home in Windsor Castle, where she is currently self-isolating with her husband, the Duke of Edinburgh, 98, for the foreseeable future.
She was using an old-fashioned rotary phone to speak to the Prime Minister, with her desk at Windsor Castle also featuring statues of her beloved corgis.
The photos come just hours after it was revealed the Queen’s son and heir to the throne, Prince Charles, had tested positive for coronavirus.
A Clarence House spokesperson confirmed the diagnosis in a statement, which read: “The Prince of Wales has tested positive for coronavirus.
- Queen’s ‘dream team’ helping her and Prince Philip survive coronavirus
“In accordance with Government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland.
“The test were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire, where they met the criteria required for testing.
“It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks.”
“He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.”
- Queen Elizabeth shares picture from weekly Boris meeting via phone
The Prince of Wales, 71, and his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, 72 – who was also tested but returned a negative result – are self-isolating separately in their Birkenhall home on the Queen’s Balmoral estate in Scotland.
Prince Charles is the first member of the royal family to test positive for the virus, following a staff member in Buckingham palace who also tested positive.
A source told The Sun: “He has displayed mild symptoms but he is in good spirits. He is working and continuing to work for the last few days as usual.
“Medical advice is that it is unlikely that his condition will not escalate into a more serious case here on.”
The Prince has been avoiding shaking hands with members of the public at recent events, choosing instead to greet them with the namaste gesture.
He last saw his mother, the Queen, on March 12 according to a statement released by Buckingham Palace.
A Palace spokesperson said: “Her Majesty The Queen remains in good health. The Queen last saw The Prince of Wales briefly after the investiture on the morning of 12th March and is following all the appropriate advice with regard to her welfare.”
The Queen also last week addressed the ongoing and upcoming challenges facing the country as it braces itself to see the worst of COVID-19.
A spokesman for the Prime Minister said that Boris Johnson had been informed of the Prince’s positive result on Tuesday morning and wished him a “speedy recovery”.
A statement released said: “As Philip and I arrive at Windsor today, we know that many individuals and families across the United Kingdom, and around the world, are entering a period of great concern and uncertainty.
“Many of us will need to find new ways of staying in touch with each other and making sure that loved ones are safe.
“I am certain we are up to that challenge and you can be assured that my family and I stand ready to play our part.”
The Palace will not comment on whether or not the Queen has undergone testing herself.
Source: Read Full Article