Queen may snub Prince Andrew from Jubilee celebrations as Firm in ‘survival mode’

Virginia Giuffre and Prince Andrew reach out-of-court settlement

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

This year, the Queen, 95, celebrates her Platinum Jubilee marking an impressive 70 years of service. Her Majesty is the first British sovereign to ever reach such a milestone and, as a result, a series of celebrations and festivities have been planned to mark the occasion.

These include a four-day weekend in June featuring the Big Jubilee Lunch, a huge concert at Buckingham Palace and a Jubilee Pageant.

Jubilee celebrations also often usually feature royal tours and public events, with all the members of the Royal Family getting involved.

One aspect royal watchers seem to be particularly excited about is Trooping the Colour, marking the Queen’s birthday. It has not been able to go ahead in recent years due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Typically for the occasion, members of the Royal Family watch an RAF flypast from Buckingham Palace balcony and, in previous years, Prince Andrew has stood alongside other members of the Firm.

Normally, royal watchers can catch a rare glimpse of the members of the Firm altogether, and many seem to be eagerly awaiting this event and other festivities including tours around the country which are planned for the Queen’s Jubilee year.

However, royal commentator Nigel Cawthorne believes it is “very unlikely” Andrew will be involved in the celebrations in any capacity.

He claims Andrew won’t be a part of things regardless of the fact that his settlement in principle with Virginia Giuffre is likely to have ended the civil lawsuit that she launched against the Duke in August last year.

He instead noted that Prince Charles and Prince William, as heirs to the throne, will feature much more prominently.

He claims distancing Andrew from the festivities for her historic reign would “sadden” the Queen, but added that she would “put the monarchy first” by deciding to snub her son.

The royal author also claims that if the Duke was involved in the celebrations it would “undermine the festivities” due to the civil case that still looms over him despite a “settlement in principle” being agreed.

Mr Cawthorne told Express.co.uk: “Given the important role of Charles and William, it is very unlikely that he will be seen anywhere during the celebrations.

“They would be as many opportunities for the prince’s accusers to embarrass him and thereby undermine the festivities.

DON’T MISS 
‘Adorable!’ Royal fans in frenzy over new Prince Louis picture [INSIGHT] 
Prince Andrew has ‘one thing he can still do’ for his family [REVEAL] 
Prince Andrew may ‘step up’ for Queen after ’embarrassing’ scenario [REPORT]

“It must sadden the Queen but the Firm is in survival mode and she will put the monarchy first.”

Last month, Her Majesty stripped Andrew of his honorary military titles and royal patronages following news that the civil case brought against him by Virginia Giuffre could proceed despite numerous attempts from his legal team to get it dismissed.

The palace’s statement, published on January 13, read: “With the Queen’s approval and agreement, the Duke of York’s military affiliations and royal patronages have been returned to the Queen.

“The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen.”

Royal sources also said Andrew would retain his HRH style but that it would not be used any official capacity.

Since then, it was announced Ms Giuffre and the Duke of York had agreed to a “settlement in principle” ahead of a court trial.

The exact figure was not revealed but reports speculate the sum stands at £12 million.

Documents submitted to the court from Ms Giuffre’s lawyer David Boies written jointly with Andrew’s lawyers said the Duke of York pledged to donate a “substantial” amount to Ms Guiffre’s charity.

Virginia Giuffre, previously Virginia Roberts, alleges the Duke sexually assaulted her on three separate occasions in 2001 when she was a minor under US law – claims Andrew has consistently denied.

Nigel Cawthorne’s Prince Andrew: Epstein, Maxwell and the Palace, published by Hive, is available in paperback.  

Source: Read Full Article