We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
The move was revealed by a royal source who said the monarch, 94, would “commute” to London for engagements if it would be safe to do so. The report comes as fears of a second wave of coronavirus hitting the UK in the winter are mounting.
Royal fans backed the Queen’s plan, telling her it would be wiser to spend more time in Windsor than in the heart of London.
One person said: “So pleased and sensible.
“London is not that safe right now and unlikely to be for the foreseeable future.”
Another joked: “So time to turn Buck Palace into social housing at last.”
And a third tweeted: “Maybe she’ll rent it out or allow it be used as a refugee detention centre.”
Yet another wrote: “Can she now give Buckingham Palace over to the homeless?”
One royal watcher questioned the reasoning behind the Queen’s relocation plan.
They suggested it could be to “make way” for the Prince of Wales to take on more responsibilities and even replace her as Sovereign.
The fan said: “Abdication? Making way for King Charles?”
The Queen left Buckingham Palace in March as the coronavirus pandemic kicked off.
She was pictured calmly sitting in the back of a Range Rover alongside one of her Corgis making her way to Windsor Castle.
How this year the Queen and Prince Philip’s lives have changed forever [INSIGHT]
Meghan Markle warning: Duchess risks embarrassing the Queen [WARNING]
James, Viscount Severn title: The HUGE nod to Sophie Wessex in title [ANALYSIS]
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh isolated in Windsor until they jetted to Balmoral for their annual summer holiday earlier this month.
Her absence from Buckingham Palace will be her longest during her 68-year reign.
One royal fan said it was “nice to have so many homes to choose from”.
A royal source told the Sunday Times: “There is a desire to get Buckingham Palace up and running again as a working palace, but only if all the relevant advice suggests that it is appropriate to do so.”
Royal aides are understood to be looking into whether the Queen could safely attend commemorations at the Cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday in November.
The Queen and Prince Philip enjoy visits from close family members during their stay at Balmoral each year.
This year, Sophie, Countess of Wessex, Prince Edward and their two children were the first royals to visit.
Lady Louise and James, Viscount Severn, were pictured with their parents and the Queen heading to church last week.
The Queen and Prince Philip usually return from their summer break in October.
Source: Read Full Article