Queen prepared to host Christmas at Windsor in bubble – ‘All options under consideration’

Royal family are helping keep Queen Elizabeth young says expert

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Next week, the monarch will spend her first Christmas without her late husband, Prince Philip, who died in April 2021 at 99. As the surge of the Omicron variant continues in the UK, the royal family may choose not to meet in Norfolk as they used to before COVID-19.

Although Government restrictions do not prevent families from gathering for Christmas, the Queen might choose to “set a good example,” according to The Telegraph.

A source told the newspaper that “all options are still under consideration” regarding the festivities.

According to official figures from the Government, 90,418 new people had a confirmed positive test result yesterday, which means an increase of 44.4% of infections compared to the previous seven days.

They added that one possible scenario would be having the Queen staying at Windsor Castle as she did last year.

Another possibility would be a smaller family Christmas in the Norfolk estate as usual but without any well-wishers invited to gather outside Sandringham as per tradition.

The Queen has spent nearly every Christmas of her life in Sandringham. Usually, she stays there until February 6, the anniversary of her father’s death.

The Queen will also have to reconsider the yearly visit to St. Mary Magdalene Church which could be a super spreader event for the virus.

Prince George and Princess Charlotte have previously joined their parents for the service, while Prince Louis would have made his debut this year.

Nonetheless, the Queen won’t spend Christmas alone. Several of her children and grandchildren have reduced their contact with other people and will get tested before joining HM.

Staff are reportedly prepared to work in a quasi-bubble system similar to how they organised themselves during lockdown to ensure the Queen remains safe.

Earlier this week, Buckingham Palace revealed that Queen Elizabeth II cancelled a pre-Christmas family lunch as a precaution because of a surge in Covid-19 cases.

While there is “regret” that the lunch has been cancelled, the statement said there is a belief it is “the right thing to do” for all concerned.

DON’T MISS: 
Queen’s coronation was ‘medieval’ – Kate & William are more ‘modern’ [ANALYSIS] 
Queen abdication fears: Monarch told to let Charles ‘establish’ role [INSIGHT] 
Camilla delivered foul-mouthed Christmas outburst [REPORT]

The pre-Christmas meal usually assembles children, grandchildren, cousins, and other extended family members before the Queen leaves for Sandringham, her country estate in Norfolk, where she celebrates the holiday with her immediate family.

According to PA Media, plans were believed to have been in place for the Christmas lunch at Windsor Castle next Tuesday.

Source: Read Full Article