Queen told to sack royal aide as Palace faces backlash over response to Meghan interview

Meghan and Harry: Expert criticises Queen’s response

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.

The Queen should sack the royal aide who wrote Buckingham Palace’s statement on the Oprah Winfrey interview, according to a leading US activist. Dr. Shola Mos-Shogbamimu told The HeirPod that the official response from the Royal Family was simply “not good enough”. In a furious attack on the royals, Dr Shola said it was “unacceptable” for the Queen to leave the allegations of racism as a “private family matter”.

Two days after the interview aired in the US, Buckingham Palace released a short statement on behalf of the Queen on Tuesday this week.

The statement read: “The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan.

“The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning.

“While some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately.

“Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much-loved family members.”

JUST IN: Sky News host slams ‘cowardly’ Harry in stunning TV outburst

Dr. Shola Mos-Shogbamimu rebuked the statement as “absolutely unsatisfactory”.

The US activist and NYC attorney said: “How do they come up with a statement like that?

“Not only did it gaslight an entire nation that Meghan’s experience on racisms varies on recollection, but it tried to stop public scrunity and relieve the monarchy of its duty to be accountable to us, the British public.

“The reference to race as ‘concerning’ – what selfish nonensese!

“I don’t know who wrote that message for the Queen but that person should be fired.”

Meghan and Harry have 'damaged reputation of royals' says expert

HeirPod host Omid Scobie responded: “Prince William denied there was any racism in the family. Many will feel that not enough has been said.”

Dr Shola added: “It is unacceptable for this issue to be left as a family matter. I want to see receipts. I want to se what they will do about it.

“When we all see this Buckingham Palace statement which has the Queen’s name on it, I am like you have got to be kidding me.

“Do they honestly think this is acceptable?

“It is almost as if they are living in a private bubble of their own.”

DON’T MISS:

Sky News host slams ‘cowardly’ Harry in stunning TV outburst [VIDEO]
BBC Weather: Heavy snow to blanket Europe within 24 hours [FORECAST]
Harry and Meghan’s explosive claim to Oprah unravels [INSIGHT]

When the Duke and Duchess of Sussex sat down with Oprah Winfrey for their exclusive face to face interview the couple made a string of explosive comments.

The couple claimed there were conversations about the colour of Archie’s skin before he was born.

Meghan also told Oprah her mental health concerns had not been dealt with.

Harry and Meghan announced they were stepping down as senior royals last year.

Over the last year, the couple have settled into new independent roles away from the Royal Family as they signed multi-million-pound deals with Netflix and Spotify.

Source: Read Full Article