Queen ‘very deliberately’ had video released to shut down health concerns ‘Has to be seen’

Queen ‘doesn’t take much time off’ says Katie Nicholl

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

The Queen is back undertaking light duties after a recent health scare. Her Majesty missed the Remembrance Sunday service at the Cenotaph last week due to a sprained back. A video was released earlier this week of her conducting a face-to-face audience with General Sir Nick Carter, the Chief of the Defence Staff.

Royal editor of Vanity Fair, Katie Nicholl, spoke to Kate Thornton on the Royal Beat. 

Ms Thornton asked: “Is there any insight from the palace and in terms of when we’ll see a back in action?”

Ms Nicholl said: “We’ve seen her back in action here and you know, they released this.

“If you think back to pre-pandemic, getting video footage of the Queen having a meeting on audience like this was actually incredibly unusual, you might get a photo opportunity but you wouldn’t get this video and I think it’s been very deliberately released.

JUST IN: Liverpool terror: Bomb squad descends on road near hospital days after blast

“She is standing up, and the corgies are there to meet the saluting Chief General.

She added: “Dickie [Arbiter] is really observant, you can’t see the shoes in that picture but he’s absolutely right. Good observation Dickie.

“She’s lost weight, you can see the Queen has lost weight. I noticed that in the address she gave to Cop 26.

“We still don’t know why she was hospitalised. Hospitalised for you know, preliminary tests.

William and Kate arrive at the Royal Variety Performance

“We still don’t know what happened to her but clearly the palace is putting out a message that she is back to work she’s undertaking light duties and they want her to be seen.

“This is a Queen who has always said I have to be seen to be believed.”

The Queen’s health began to be questioned last month after she cancelled an official visit to Northern Ireland. 

Just days later it was announced by Buckingham Palace that the Queen had spent a night in a London hospital for “preliminary tests.”

DON’T MISS: 

Princess Charlene’s twins 6, hold up heartbreaking signs to their absent mother [REVEAL]
Lorraine Kelly sparks uproar as she mocks Meghan Markle’s appearance [COMMENT]
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry ‘so far removed’ can’t be used for clue on Queen’s health [INSIGHT]

She was back in Windsor Castle the next day but was under doctor’s orders to rest. 

Since then, the Queen has cancelled a string of engagements, including the COP26 climate summit in Glasgow. 

Instead, she sent a virtual video talking about the importance of coming together to help the climate crisis. 

It is unknown when the 95-year-old monarch will return to her full duties. 

Source: Read Full Article