Queen’s last-minute dash to SAVE Christmas: Monarch cancels plans to protect loved ones

Queen cancels Christmas party as she thinks about Sandringham

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

The Queen skipped her usual Sunday service at Windsor on Sunday as part of measures being taken in the run-up to Christmas to safeguard the traditional royal celebrations, the MailOnline wrote. This comes as the Royal Family’s Christmas plans continue to hang in the balance amid the surge of COVID-19 cases across the UK.

Her Majesty is reportedly determined to spend the festive season in Norfolk with her loved ones.

However, she is “mindful” of the constantly evolving Covid crisis and determined to “lead from the front” in accordance with the Government regulations, a source has claimed.

The source told the Mirror: “The Queen and the rest of the family are mindful the situation is ever changing and many thousands of families may also be affected.

“A decision on whether the Queen travels as planned will be made as soon as possible.

“If alternative arrangements need to be made, right up to the last minute as per Government advice, Her Majesty will lead from the front.”

The Queen has been celebrating Christmas at Sandringham House with her loved ones since 1988.

Last year, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, she decided against a gathering and remained at Windsor Castle in her Covid bubble with staffers and Prince Philip.

This year, she is believed to be awaiting advice from her senior aides, in contact with Government officials, on whether she may need to alter or cancel plans to host her family on the Sandringham estate between December 24 and 25.

The Mirror claimed an alternative to the gathering in Sandringham being examined would see the Queen and members of the Royal Family spending Christmas at Windsor Castle, which has been the monarch’s main residence since March 2020.

The sovereign is set to make a decision on her Christmas plans in the next 48 hours, according to reports.

A testament to the Queen’s flexibility when it comes to her festive plans was the cancellation of her pre-Christmas lunch.

A royal source shared the Queen’s decision on Thursday, following reports the monarch was to host the yearly lunch at Windsor Castle rather than Buckingham Palace and count approximately 50 guests.

They said: “The pre-Christmas family lunch will not be going ahead.

“The decision is a precautionary one as it is felt to put too many people’s Christmas arrangements at risk if it went ahead.

“While there is regret that it is cancelled, there is a belief it is the right thing to do for all concerned.”

Celebrating Christmas surrounded by her family will surely be particularly important to the Queen this year, given it will be her first festive break since the death of Prince Philip in April.

MORE TO FOLLOW

Source: Read Full Article