Harry and Meghan announce Responsible Technology Youth Power Fund
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are said to have struck up a friendship with actor John Travolta, after it was reported they spent a night hanging out with him in the Polo Lounge at the Beverley Hills Hotel.
An insider told the Sun that the three “got on extremely well” at the event for the Archewell foundation, although it has been reported this week that the Sussexes are no longer so close with the Beckhams.
Despite David and Victoria attending Harry and Meghan’s royal wedding in 2018, the couple were not invited to Brooklyn Beckham’s nuptials in April 2022.
Harry and Meghan have developed a new circle of friends based in Los Angeles, as they are said to be close to Ellen DeGeneres and her wife Portia de Rossi, Oprah Winfrey and cosmetics mogul Victoria Jackson, while falling out with British pals such as the Beckhams.
It was apparently suspected that the Beckhams were leaking stories about Harry and Meghan to the press, an accusation which the Mail on Sunday reported left David “furious”.
READ MORE: From Prince Louis to King Charles, where the royals spend their summer holidays
A source close to the Beckhams told the Daily Mail: “David and Victoria went to Meghan and Harry’s wedding and were very supportive when Meghan arrived in the UK.”
But the source added, after a tense phone call in which Harry accused the couple of speaking to the press about him and Meghan, that “any making up now is so unlikely”.
Celebrity publicist Mitchell Jackson told the Times about concerns over the couple’s friendship: “The problem with Harry and Meghan is after the whole car chase thing in New York, people just feel like they’re untrustworthy and melodramatic and it’s just going to revolve around them.”
THIS IS A LIVE BLOG. SCROLL DOWN FOR UPDATES
Prince Andrew’s rivalry with Charles mounts as Duke ‘too stubborn’ to leave Royal Lodge
EXCLUSIVE: Prince Andrew is unlikely to ever leave Royal Lodge, according to a royal expert, who believes he’s “weathered worse storms”, in spite of reports that King Charles has been trying to boot him out.
Andrew and his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson have lived at the property for many years, even though the Duke is no longer a working member of the Royal Family.
Earlier this year it was speculated that the pair would move into the more modest Frogmore Cottage, just five miles away, as a reduction in Andrew’s annual grant raised questions as to how he would afford the upkeep at Royal Lodge.
However royal biographer Andrew Lownie told Express.co.uk that the move does not seem to be happening, as his “rivalry” with Charles goes back further than the property issue.
He said: “I can’t see them moving. Andrew is stubborn, obsessed with status, has a contract with Crown Estate and sufficient money to support upkeep.”
Read the full story here
Good morning from London, I’m Catherine Meyer-Funnell and I’ll be bringing you all the latest royal updates into this afternoon. Feel free to get in touch [email protected]
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Source: Read Full Article