Royal Family LIVE: William set for furious Netflix row as Sussexes cash in on £112m deal

Princess Diana: There were three of us in this marriage

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

An entire episode in series five will reportedly focus on Diana’s bombshell Panorama interview in 1995. It comes after the Duke of Cambridge demanded it never to be broadcast again following an inquiry earlier this year which found Bashir used “deceitful behaviour” to secure his scoop.

But sources say Netflix, which has a lucrative deal with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle said to be worth up to £112million, is going ahead with the episode.

An insider told The Sun: “The Crown’s creators see the interview as the keystone moment in series five.

“To the writers, the stormy marriage between Charles and Di led up to her outpouring on Panorama, and the aftermath of that decision defined her final months.

“They are making a huge investment in that. The Crown has a track record of delving into areas of the Royal Family’s history they’d rather be left alone.”

Speaking earlier this year, William said: “This Panorama programme holds no legitimacy and should never be aired again.

“It effectively established a false narrative which, for over a quarter of a century, has been commercialised by the BBC and others.”

Royal commentator Margaret Holder said: “William was ­dismayed at the time. It is also embarrassing for Harry.”

FOLLOW BELOW FOR LIVE UPDATES ON THE ROYAL FAMILY:

Queen’s absence at COP26 would be a ‘big deal’

Speaking on the Royal Rota podcast, ITV’s royal editor Chris Ship said: “She’s still planning to go to COP26, that’s the end of next week.

“If you remember the pictures of her at the G7 summit, she kind of enjoys hosting world leaders, I think they enjoy it when she’s at an event.

“I’m not getting political here but I’m sure the Queen has a greater draw than Boris Johnson, the Prime Minister, for many people.

“We know that Prince Charles and Prince William are going to go there, but at the moment that is the next scheduled engagement that we’re aware of for her, although we do know of some investitures next week, but we simply don’t know which member of the Royal Family is going to take part in them.”

Mr Ship continued: “I mean it would be a big deal if she wasn’t at COP for example, so I think they’ve got themselves a week and a half to make her right again.”

William ‘taking charge’ of royals

Prince William is “really stepping up” since the Queen’s illness as he takes on a leading role within the Royal Family, according to a royal commentator.

Royal expert Natalie Oliveri told the TODAY show: “The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their three children, George, Charlotte and Louis, they were all seen at Heathrow airport on Thursday, they were coming back from a family holiday.

“Now they had arrived on Thursday, the same day Queen Elizabeth was discharged from hospital in London so many people are seeing that as rushing back to be by the Queen’s side.

“So far, we aren’t being told there is any cause for alarm but Prince William is one of the royals really stepping up, taking charge of these royal duties.

“He apparently is taking charge of the Balmoral and Sandringham estates in the Queen’s absence, those were jobs that his grandfather Prince Philip would have done before his passing, so really William is preparing to be king one day of course after his father.”

Source: Read Full Article