Royal POLL: Will you watch new Harry and Meghan film on ‘what really happened at Palace’?

Prince Harry stars in The Me You Can't See trailer

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

The decision taken by Meghan and Harry to quit the Firm as senior royals, the reasons behind it and their struggles are to be fictionalised and portrayed in a Lifetime film. The TV portrayal will be titled Harry & Meghan: Escaping the Palace.

This film will be the third of a series of productions by the cable network focused on Meghan and Harry’s life together.

According to a press release, this film will “detail Meghan’s growing isolation and sadness”, the Sussexes’ disappointment towards the Firm, accused of not supporting them and “Harry’s fear history would repeat itself”.

It also promises to delve into the ongoing feud between the Sussexes and their royal relatives.

This Lifetime film follows Harry & Meghan A Royal Romance, which focused on their blossoming romance, and Harry & Meghan: Becoming Royal, centred on the Royal Wedding.

The third instalment of the Lifetime Harry & Meghan saga was first announced in March. 

At the time, Deadline reported Lifetime saying the film would “reveal what really happened inside the Palace that drove Harry and Meghan to leave everything behind in order to make a future for themselves and their son Archie”.

Yesterday, it was revealed actors Jordan Dean and Sydney Morton will play Harry and Meghan.

Production is beginning this week, ahead of the film release scheduled for this autumn.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex did not play any part in the production or creation of this Lifetime film. 

Prince Harry is to make his debut on Apple TV+ tomorrow, when the docu-series he has co-created with Oprah Winfrey will be released.

The series, titled The Me You Can’t See, is hosting an array of guests speaking about their approach to mental health, their struggles and mental wellbeing.

It also features several mental health experts and organisations to shine the light on pathways to treatment.

Harry and Oprah, who co-produced the show, are to guide discussions about mental health and emotional wellbeing, but will also open up about their own difficulties and how they have tackled them. 

Among the guests taking part in the show, there are songwriter, and actress Lady Gaga, Syrian refugee Fawzi, DeMar DeRozan of the NBA’s San Antonio Spurs, author and counsellor Ambar.

Earlier this month, upon announcing the date release of the programme, Prince Harry said: “We are born into different lives, brought up in different environments, and as a result are exposed to different experiences.

“But our shared experience is that we are all human.

“The majority of us carry some form of unresolved trauma, loss, or grief, which feels—and is—very personal. 

“Yet the last year has shown us that we are all in this together, and my hope is that this series will show there is power in vulnerability, connection in empathy, and strength in honesty.”

Oprah also said: “Now more than ever, there is an immediate need to replace the shame surrounding mental health with wisdom, compassion, and honesty.

“Our series aims to spark that global conversation.”

The Duke of Sussex and the US journalist worked on this project for several months.

It was first announced in April 2019 through Meghan and Harry’s now-defunct Instagram page Sussex Royal. 

The series was scheduled to be released 12 months later, but the coronavirus pandemic played a major role in delaying the show.

On Monday, Apple TV+ released a trailer of the show, featuring among other well-known people Oprah, the Duke and his wife Meghan.

In the trailer, Prince Harry could be heard reflecting on his own mental health as clips of him walking behind his mother’s coffin are shown.

At one point, he looked visibly upset and held his hand to his mouth.

The Duke of Sussex could also be heard saying: “To make that decision to receive help is not a sign of weakness.

“In today’s world, more than ever it is a sign of strength.” 

Source: Read Full Article