Andrew will turn 60 on February 19 but will have two absentees from the day. Andrew has taken a step back from royal duties since last November following an interview with BBC Newsnight.
Media correspondent Neil Sean, told Fox News the Sussexes will not attend his birthday despite the Queen’s desire to have close family present.
Mr Sean said: “A mole told me, ‘It’s an open secret they declined the invite but it’s not very nice for the queen as, whatever people say and think, he is still her son and she wanted her close family around her.’
“The reason given is that they already have commitments on the day but also plan to send a gift/card and a video message to be played at the party.”
According to Mr Martin, the family had plans to throw a party for the Prince which would also celebrate his charities.
However, a palace source told him the Queen “is understood to be holding only a small family dinner”.
While Andrew has stepped away from duties, he will make an appearance at the wedding of his daughter, Princess Beatrice of York, and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi.
A statement revealed the pair will wed on Friday, May 29, after becoming engaged in September 2019.
The statement added: “The wedding of HRH Princess Beatrice of York and Mr Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi will take place on Friday 29 May 2020.
JUST IN: Zara Tindall heartbreak: How Peter Phillips divorce could upset Zara
“The couple became engaged in Italy in September 2019.
“Her Majesty The Queen has kindly given permission for the ceremony to take place at The Chapel Royal, St James’s Palace.
“The ceremony will be followed by a private reception, given by The Queen, in the gardens of Buckingham Palace.”
Mr Martin also stated, however, that it was not certain if Meghan and Harry will travel back to the UK for the ceremony.
Prince Philip’s brutal confession about life as royal consort exposed [Latest]
Meghan Markle backed to become US President after royal resignation [Latest]
GMB row: Iain Dale hits out at Meghan and Harry’s video [Video]
He added: “Fans will have to wait and see if Meghan and Harry attend this event.
“A mole told me, ‘Beatrice really got on well with Meghan and is sad she left, but so far they have been unable to keep that friendship going.’
“Others though say that Meghan values her own PR and believes any association right now with the brand of York may not be that great for the couple earning power outside the Royal Family.”
On Thursday, it was revealed the couple were closing their Buckingham Palace office.
With the closure, it was announced that 15 staff members had now lost their jobs.
The Duke and Duchess broke the news to their team in January when they made the decision to move to Canada.
It is not certain how many will be absorbed back into other royal households.
A source told the Daily Mail: “Given their decision to step back, an office at Buckingham Palace is no longer needed.
“While the details are still being finalised and efforts are being made to redeploy people within the royal household, unfortunately, there will be some redundancies.”
Source: Read Full Article