Prince Harry ‘lost his place’ in royal pecking order says expert
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.
Meghan and Harry will be sitting down with the famous US chat show show next month marking the first time the couple will speak publicly after stepping down as senior members of the Royal Family. The news came days after the couple announced they are expecting a second child.
Palace officials have said they were not given any warning from CBS and only learned of the interview when it was posted on Twitter, according to the Times.
As Meghan and Harry have stepped down as senior members of the Royal Family they are not required to inform the Palace of their ventures, but it still came as a surprise to royal aides.
The interview – titled Oprah with Meghan and Harry: A CBS Primetime Special – will air on March 7.
It is believed Meghan and Harry will discuss their move to America, how she felt stepping into royal life and how she’s handling the public pressure as their family grows.
In a statement, CBS wrote: “Winfrey will speak with Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex, in a wide-ranging interview.
“Covering everything from stepping into life as a Royal, marriage, motherhood, philanthropic work to how she is handling life under intense public pressure.
“Later, the two are joined by Prince Harry as they speak about their move to the United States and their future hopes and dreams for their expanding family.”
This comes amid reports the Queen could ask Harry and Meghan to relinquish their remaining royal patronages.
These include Harry’s three honorary military titles as well as his roles with the Rugby Football Union, Rugby Football League and the London Marathon.
Meghan would also have to step down as patron of the National Theatre, which the Queen gifted to her in 2019 after 45 years in the role.
Oprah was invited to Meghan and Harry’s wedding in 2018 as a “friend of the couple” despite only meeting the couple once before.
Following news of the interview, royal author Robert Jobson hit out at the Duke accusing him of “betraying” the Queen’s trust.
Prince William and Kate told to ‘renounce’ their Royal Family titles [INSIGHT]
Prince Harry accused of ‘betraying and disrespecting’ Queen [REVEAL]
Prince Harry to be ‘bumped off’ Royal Family line of succession [COMMENT]
He told the Daily Mail: “How can anyone move on when Meghan and Harry continue to drone on about the difficulties of royal life and being part of the Royal Family.
“This interview is a betrayal of trust whatever way you look at it.
“Harry, who claimed he wanted to escape the publicity of being a front-line royal, has swapped duty for a cash bonanza deal with Netflix.
“We are not told if money has been paid for this interview.
“The army veteran, who serviced with distinction in Afghanistan, often talks about respecting the Queen.
“But to be blunt his decision to join his wife’s tell-all on US television interview after they exited the royal family so noisily and dramatically, is another act of disrespect.”
Harry and Meghan stepped down as senior members of the Royal Family last year which shocked the world.
The couple moved to California with their son Archie.
In a bid to be financially independent from the Firm, Meghan and Harry have signed multimillion dollar deals with Spotify and Netflix.
Source: Read Full Article