Princess Beatrice's wedding gown 'wasn't finished' says expert
Royal weddings are huge affairs, with millions of pounds and thousands of guests involved. The last decade saw some of the biggest ceremonies in living memory: Prince William and Kate Middleton in 2011; Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in 2018; Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank also in 2018. All three occasions were watched by millions of people around the world and were thronged with crowds in-person.
Princess Beatrice, Eugenie’s sister, in February 2019 announced that her wedding would take place the following May.
This was, of course, short-lived, as the coronavirus pandemic took hold and deemed the event unviable.
Yet, when restrictions were eased in July, Beatrice and her fiance, Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, quickly arranged a date and tied the knot on July 17, 2020, at The Royal Chapel of All Saints at Royal Lodge.
Buckingham Palace has since confirmed that Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson, Beatrice’s parents, attended the ceremony, as well as Edo’s parents.
We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
The only members of the Royal Family to be included in official photos, however, were the Queen and Prince Philip.
It might have come as a blow to Beatrice, then, when Her Majesty left early in order to carry out royal duties elsewhere.
As The List explained: “Unfortunately the Queen had to cut her visit to the ceremony short, as she needed to rush back to the castle in order to preside at the knighting ceremony of Captain Tom Moore.”
Captain Tom, now Sir Tom, won the hearts of the public after he walked 100 laps of his garden to raise money for the NHS.
JUST IN: Beatrice likened brother-in-law to character ‘unfit for royal wedding’
The 100-year-old had initially hoped to raise £1,000.
He went on to collect £32million from 1.5 million supporters.
He was knighted at Windsor Castle in the afternoon, joined by his daughter, son-in-law, grandson, and granddaughter.
The ceremony was the Queen’s first in-person royal job since the start of the coronavirus crisis.
Princess Beatrice to wear ‘orginal wedding dress’ in ‘second wedding’ [REPORT]
Princess Eugenie’s royal baby may have to wait to meet Beatrice [INSIGHT]
Princess Beatrice forced to recycle Queen dress after wedding mishap [ANALYSIS]
It also marked the monarch’s first-ever socially distanced engagement.
She used the sword which belonged to her father, George VI, to knight the war veteran, and spent five minutes afterwards speaking to him and his family.
While they adhered to social distancing rules, Beatrice was last month accused of flouting the new lockdown restrictions.
She and Edo were pictured dining out in Mayfair, London with people who were allegedly from different households, something that was advised against during the UK’s Tier 2 coronavirus guidelines.
Despite this, a spokesperson told The Mirror that the royal had not broken the rules.
They said: “This was a midweek Wednesday evening, work-related, business development dinner, it was held in compliance with all government guidelines, the dinner was held in the early evening and all parties left in good time before the Government curfew.
“Strict masks were worn in line with the Government advice.”
Later on, the princess posed shoulder-to-shoulder for a photo with fashion designer Peter Dundas, with both wearing masks.
He later posted it on Instagram with the caption: “Catching up with this lovely.”
Source: Read Full Article