The Royal Family has “multiple plans in place” in order to deal with whatever decision Prince Harry and Meghan Markle make about appearing at next month’s Coronation. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have not yet said whether or not they will show up for the historic ceremony, which will see King Charles III officially crowned monarch.
The historic occasion, last seen in Britain when Charles’ mother Queen Elizabeth II was made head of state more than 70 years ago, is set to be one of the world’s most watched events, and with it a host of the most recognisable people on the planet are expected to take part.
Among those confirmed so far are the likes of US President Joe Biden’s wife Jill, and political dignitaries including European Union heavyweights Ursula von der Leyan and Charles Michel.
Harry and Meghan’s decision on being part of the celebrations remains firmly in doubt, particularly after the April 3 deadline for responding to Coronation invites has elapsed.
But an insider recently told Express.co.uk that a decision was likely to be made in the coming days, with the couple expected to be in Briain for the celebration.
Dealing with any last-minute change of plans, though, will be no problem for Buckingham Palace officials.
That’s the verdict of royal commentator Kinsey Schofield, who hosts the To Di For Daily podcast. She argues that so much planning has gone into the event, that regardless of what issues they are faced with, the courtiers will keep the spectacle under control.
Speaking exclusively to Express.co.uk, the podcaster said: “I understand that the Palace has multiple plans in place that include and exclude the King’s youngest son, but I believe we are likely to see the Duke and Duchess of Sussex throughout the festivities.”
She also said the couple have “taught us through their actions that they do not believe that they owe the public anything”, citing examples of the mystery surrounding the first glimpses of the Archie being born.
JUST IN: Professor mocked UK for ‘fawning’ Queen’s death amid slavery claim
Ms Schofield added: “Harry and Meghan have become increasingly private about their movements in and out of the UK due to security concerns.
“I imagine that the Palace has been informed that Harry and Meghan plan to attend the King’s coronation with the request of discretion to ensure safe travel.”
Both Buckingham Palace and the Sussexes’ representatives have not commented publicly on whether or not the couple intend of coming to London to take part in the event.
It has been reported that staff are being told to prepare for all eventualities, including “switching things like seating arrangements”.
Prince Harry ‘may never get US citizenship’ after Spare revelations [LATEST]
Prince Harry ‘baffled’ William by ‘stringing out’ Coronation invite [INSIGHT]
Sarah Ferguson wades into Meghan and Harry’s ‘birthright’ title row [ANALYSIS]
Those types of modifications to the plans are “easy” to contend with, a source told the Daily Mail, but “the thing that is causing more of a headache, is the security, cars and other logistical matters”.
They added: “Any plans that mesh with the rest of the family are more important and problematic. There’s clearly a lot going on behind the scenes in terms of talks between members of the family and their offices.
“But at this stage in proceedings people could just do with some clarity. There are now two plans, one for if they do come and another if they don’t. It’s another layer of responsibility that staff could do without.”
King Charles III’s Coronation takes place on May 6, with coverage set to be broadcast across the globe to billions of people.
Follow our social media accounts here on facebook.com/ExpressUSNews and @expressusnews
Source: Read Full Article