‘She’s 95!’ Royal expert says Britain ‘should expect’ Queen to be taking more of backseat

Queen: Being 95 'takes its toll' says royal expert

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Royal author and journalist Robert Jobson told GB News on Sunday that despite The Queen’s recent spell of health scares, other members of the Royal Family will begin to fill in for her on engagements because she is an “older lady now”.

Mr Jobson said: “We have got to remember as the Prince of Wales said when asked about his mother… at 95 it takes its toll!”

The royal writer went on to stress the Queen is an elderly monarch and that she cannot be expected to continue at the pace she has done even a matter of years ago.

He said: “We have just got to expect she won’t be carrying out engagements and doing the things we have seen her do even in her early nineties.”

As a result he said Britons should therefore expect there to be occasions where members of the Royal Family will step in for The Queen as she ages.

JUST IN Queen’s christening attendance ‘extremely good news’ but still no update over Lilibet

He added the public will also see members of The Firm move in to “support her in the way they are there to do” as she begins to relinquish a number of engagements.

The comments follow concerns over The Queen’s health in recent weeks which have seen her pull out of a number of key events.

It comes as The Queen was forced to pull out of the Remembrance Sunday celebrations at the Cenotaph under Doctors orders following a back sprain.

In a statement, Buckingham Palace said the Queen was “disappointed” to miss what is believed to be her most valued date in the calendar.

The Queen and Charles: Mother and Son documentary

The palace previously said it was the Queen’s “firm intention” to attend the service to honour Britain and the Commonwealth’s war dead.

Prior to pulling out of the service, major fears for the The Queen’s health were sparked when she was forced to spend a night in hospital last month.

The 95-year-old had been due to take part in a two-day trip to Northern Ireland to mark the country’s Centenary but doctors reportedly told her that she should rest for a couple of days at Windsor Castle.

However she was then admitted to hospital for “preliminary investigations”.

DON’T MISS
Zara Tindall stuns with Mike and children at christening [REPORT] 
Queen returns! Delighted monarch attends joint royal baby christening [REVEAL] 
Princess Eugenie wows in cream for son’s christening [PICTURES]

But the sequence of events sparked a fallout between the palace and the public after Buckingham Palace did not fully disclose the fact The Queen had spent a night in hospital.

The Queen was seen by specialists at the private King Edward VII’s hospital in central London.

It was her first overnight stay in hospital since 2013, when she also spent one night at the King Edward VII, being treated for gastroenteritis.

A palace source said that a “cautious approach” had been taken by the medical team aiding her.

Source: Read Full Article