Prince Harry told to ‘bin the book’ during royal chat on Lorraine
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Prince Harry’s memoir was due to be published at the end of the year but is set to be delayed following the death of his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, earlier this month. The Duke of Sussex is “desperately” wanting to make last-minute changes to his tell-all book, it has been claimed. But should Prince Harry abandon his book altogether? Vote in our poll.
A source told The Sun on Sunday: “Harry has thrown a spanner in the works as he is desperate to get it refined in the light of the Queen’s death, her funeral and his father Charles taking the throne.
“There may be things which might not look so good if they come out so soon after the Queen’s death and his dad becoming King.
“He wants sections changed. It’s not a total rewrite by any means. He desperately wants to make changes. But it might be too late.”
However, royal commentator Sandro Monetti claimed that Harry should scrap his book in a bid to mend relations with the Royal Family.
He told Express.co.uk earlier this week: “My big worry is the Harry book. You don’t get an advance as big as that unless there’s going to be some negativity in it, that’s just the way publishing and the media works.
“Harry should pulp all those copies of the book and abandon the project. I know it has been delayed but I don’t see how shortly after the death of the Queen and ahead of his father’s coronation it helps.
“But if there’s a particular thing he wants to get off his chest he can do it. It will be fascinating to watch.”
Similarly, royal expert Robert Jobson claimed this week that there will be no going back if Harry chooses to publish.
He wrote in The Sun: “Harry will no doubt be torn between wanting acceptance from his family and also the love of his wife. But he has now left himself in a Catch-22 situation.
“He has signed a four-book deal worth millions with Penguin Random House. He needs the money to fund his flash Californian lifestyle.
“Once that book, which is now written, hits bookshelves there will be no going back for Harry.”
Harry’s “intimate and heartfelt” memoir was announced by publisher Penguin Random House last year.
Prince Harry urged to ‘withdraw book’ or face UK ‘exile’ with Meghan [LATEST]
Harry issued stark warning over bombshell revelations in new book [UPDATE]
Harry warned royal olive branches do not heal wounds [VIDEO]
The Duke has been working on the book with the support of ghostwriter and Pulitzer Prize-winning author JR Moehringer since 2020.
It reportedly covers his perspective on his childhood, mother’s death, his marriage to Meghan and their decision to leave the Firm.
In a statement, last July Harry said: “I’m writing this not as the prince I was born but as the man I have become.
“I’ve worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story – the highs and lows, the mistakes, the lessons learned – I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think.
“I’m deeply grateful for the opportunity to share what I’ve learned over the course of my life so far and excited for people to read a firsthand account of my life that’s accurate and wholly truthful.”
So what do YOU think? Should Prince Harry abandon his memoir? Vote in our poll and leave your thoughts in the comment section below.
Source: Read Full Article