Queen: Graham Smith discusses royal referendum
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
The monument was unveiled by Princes William and Harry on Thursday, at Kensington Palace. There is speculation both Sussexes could return to Britain in September for an event to celebrate Diana’s life.
However Express.co.uk readers overwhelmingly agree the couple shouldn’t bring their two children, Archie and Lilibet, to view the statue.
Out of 6,805 poll respondents 6,307, or 93 percent, oppose them bringing the children.
Just 412, or six percent, would support Archie and Lilibet making the trip whilst the remaining 86 are undecided.
Harry flew over from California for Thursday’s unveiling, spending five days quarantined at Frogmore Cottage due to coronavirus rules.
Meghan, who gave birth to the couple’s daughter Lilibet Diana last month, didn’t make the trip.
According to The Sun a larger celebration of Diana’s life could be held in September, once Covid regulations have been lifted.
This would be held at Kensington Palace and both Sussexes might be able to attend, sparking speculation about whether their children will make the trip.
Speaking to The Sun a royal insider said: “September is a date pencilled in for a more extensive celebration of the statue, and Harry will want to return.”
However Express.co.uk readers argued if Harry and Meghan attend it could disrupt the wider Royal Family.
Asked whether the Sussex family should attend one replied: “No!
“They should all stay where they are and not bother the RF [Royal Family] ever again! Stay in the USA!”
Another added: “As she and Harry have trouble travelling 70 miles by land to visit her father, then a journey across the US continent and the Atlantic and two other countries before arriving in London, I really can’t see why they would want to, or why we would want them to.”
William and Harry ‘looked a bit forced’ at Diana statue unveiling [REVEAL]
Dancing Prince! Charles shares which song gave him an urge to boogie [INSIGHT]
Captivated! – Charles recalls first meeting with Barbara Streisand [ROYAL]
A third commented: “No I don’t feel she should visit Diana’s statue, she has only brought grief to our Royal family and is not welcome here.
“Her children will make up their own minds to visit when and if they wish to do so when they are old enough to do so themselves.”
A fourth wrote: “No harm to the children, but no.
“The Markles need to stay away. They’ve made their feelings about us, our country and our customs quite clear.”
Harry and Meghan stepped down as senior members of the Royal Family in March 2020, and moved to California.
In March of this year they gave an interview to US talkshow legend Oprah Winfrey, in which they made a number of incendiary accusations against the wider family.
Meghan claimed there were “concerns and conversations” within the family about Archie’s skin tone, ahead of his birth in 2019.
She also said she’d struggled to get mental health support from within the Royal Family, whilst Harry stated his father had cut him off financially.
Buckingham Palace released a rare statement, on behalf of the Queen, in response.
Whilst expressing regret for Meghan’s difficulties, it said “some recollections may vary” about the events discussed.
Source: Read Full Article