Step up security now! Fears for Queen as video shows crossbow-intruder’s chilling threats

The Queen's Speech 2021: Watch in full

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

On December 25, an armed intruder was arrested after breaking into the private grounds of Windsor Castle, where the Queen, 95, was spending the festive period with other members of the Firm. The 19-year-old male was arrested by police officers on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon, and breach or trespass of a protected site at around 8.30am.

The suspect was sectioned under the Mental Health Act after he was spotted scaling the perimeter fence of the monarch’s Berkshire home, allegedly armed with a crossbow.

Since then, a video has emerged of a masked man, holding a crossbow, who threatens to “assassinate the Queen”.

The video, acquired by The Sun, allegedly shows the intruder from Windsor Castle.

According to the outlet, the footage was sent to friends from the 19-year-old’s Snapchat account just 24 minutes before he was arrested at the royal residence.

In the footage, the masked figure is seen wielding a black weapon and addresses the camera with a distorted voice.

Their identity is obscured by a hoodie and a sinister white mask, reportedly inspired by Star Wars which is mentioned in the chilling message.

The man says: “I’m sorry. I’m sorry for what I’ve done and what I will do. I will attempt to assassinate Elizabeth, Queen of the Royal Family.

“This is revenge for those who have died in the 1919 Jallianwala Bagh massacre.

“It is also revenge for those who have been killed, humiliated and discriminated on because of their race.

LIVE UPDATES: Royal Family LIVE: Kate and Will’s ‘concern’ for safety after change

“I’m an Indian Sikh, a Sith.”

The Sith are the main antagonists in the Star Wars franchise, and worship the dark side of “the Force”.

Also in the background of the footage being examined by officers, a framed picture of Star Wars villain Darth Malgus can be seen.

The Jallianwala Bagh massacre, or Massacre of Amritsar, saw 379 protesters killed and 1,200 wounded by British forces in India.

DON’T MISS 
Prince William vs Prince Harry: ‘No resolution’ to Dukes feud in 2022 [INSIGHT] 
Ex-royal bodyguards warn Queen’s safety is under threat after break-in [REVEAL] 
Prince Harry facing questions over plans for upcoming book launch [REPORT]

Royal correspondent Angela Levin commented on the video on Twitter, urging for security measures to be stepped up to protect the monarch.

She added that the story itself of a break-in was “horrendous” and that the message in the video was “chilling”.

She wrote: “It’s a horrendous story and the photograph of the masked man whose aim was to kill the Queen chills your blood.

“Security has to be stepped up.”

Princess Diana’s former bodyguard Ken Wharfe has also expressed concerns about Her Majesty’s safety, The Mirror reports.

Mr Wharfe explained that although the intruder was stopped in time, there should be further measures taken to improve the monarch’s security.

He said “The Queen’s safety is clearly under threat.

“It’s often been thought that Windsor is particularly at risk to intruders due to the make-up of the estate and the severity of this event should really cause alarm bells to start ringing.

“This individual was caught in time but any system could always be beefed up as any other scenario could be tragic.”

Source: Read Full Article