Prince Harry: Nicholl warns of ‘royal snub’ for jubilee
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
According to a royal expert, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle can expect to receive invites to the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, as the Royal Family aims to “show they’re above” the recent Megxit drama. Speaking on the Mail+ show Palace Confidential, two royal commentators discussed the upcoming celebrations, with Charlotte Griffiths claiming the Queen is being “strategic” in her planning, to ensure that the Royal Family looks “as clean as a whistle” during the festivities.
Speaking of the Jubilee, the Mail on Sunday’s Diary editor Charlotte Griffiths said: “It’s so important, she’s the first monarch to have ever made it to 70 years, she’s 95 and they just have to be in a good place for this Jubilee celebration next year.
“She’s very wise to be planning in advance and being strategic about this and just making sure that the Palace and the royals are looking clean as a whistle and ready to be on parade.”
Royal expert and Daily Mail Diary editor, Richard Eden, said: “I do think all the stories about Harry and Meghan not being invited to events for the Platinum Jubilee and that sort of thing, will turn out not to be the case.
“The Palace will try and make an extra effort to try to include them because they will want to keep them on board.
“I know they’re being almost threatened by this racism stuff, but they have to show that they’re above that I think.”
The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee is due to take place over a four-day Bank Holiday next year, from the 2nd-5th of June.
Celebrations include a special Trooping the Colour, a concert outside Buckingham Palace, and a Jubilee Pageant around London for the Sunday.
Street parties will be held across the UK, and members of the Royal Family will engage in tours and official engagements throughout the year to honour the Queen’s 70 years as a British monarch.
It will be the first time in British history for a reigning monarch to reach 70 years on the throne.
Relations between Buckingham Palace and Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been strained since the couple announced in January 2020 that they would be stepping down from their roles as senior royals.
The move reportedly ‘blindsided’ several members of the Royal Family and senior courtiers at the Palace.
In their statement, the Duke and Duchess stated their intention to relocate to North America and gain their financial independence.
Since then, the couple have moved to California and have conducted a number of high-profile interviews where they have criticised the British monarchy.
During their 2-hour tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey in March, the couple detailed the reasons behind Megxit, claiming that Buckingham Palace had ignored their mental health.
Kate and Prince William’s ‘move to Windsor’ to come sooner than expected [INSIGHT]
Meghan Markle admitted not knowing England’s national emblem: ‘Am I supposed to?!’ [REVEAL]
Queen’s six great-grandchildren who STILL haven’t appeared on Buckingham Palace balcony [ANALYSIS]
Whilst the couple praised the Queen, Prince Harry spoke of the “space” between himself and Prince William and said he felt “really let down” by Prince Charles.
However, the most damaging allegation was that an unnamed senior member of the Royal Family made a racist remark about the skin tone of their unborn son.
The interview caused a PR crisis for Buckingham Palace, who subsequently released a statement to say that “whilst recollections may vary”, Prince Harry and Meghan were still much-loved members of the family.
Since then, Prince Harry has continued to speak publicly about his royal relatives, telling Dax Shephard of the “genetic pain and suffering” within the family.
He has also announced his memoir, which will be released next autumn in the months following his grandmother’s Platinum Jubilee.
Source: Read Full Article