Sussexes attacked for using Philip funeral clip in Netflix trailer

Prince Harry seems 'damaged' from childhood says Madeley

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Viewers have criticised Harry and Meghan for using clips from the Duke’s late grandfather, Prince Philip’s funeral, which took place in April 2021 following the release of the latest Harry & Meghan trailer on Netflix. Royal watchers took to Twitter to voice their outrage of the couple using footage from such a poignant event.

In the 90-second teaser trailer, Harry claims that people “were happy to lie” for his elder brother, while adding that they “were never willing to tell the truth to protect” himself and Meghan.

As Harry mentions William, a shot of Buckingham Palace is shown followed by a very short clip of the brothers walking behind their late grandfather’s coffin at Windsor Castle in 2021.

The brothers can be seen walking along together with their cousin, Peter Phillips in between them.

On Twitter, one user wrote: “To use the footage from Prince Philip’s funeral with the voiceover condemning his brother. My mind can’t process how grim that is.”

Another user called Harry “beyond low” for using the footage from Philip’s funeral.

Another said: “Using footage of Prince Philip’s funeral for their grievance. Unconscionable”.

Despite this, it is earlier reported that the couple “haven’t been able to control” anything to do with the Netflix series.

Speaking previously on TalkTV, royal expert Angela Levin said: “They’ve haven’t been able to control it.

“Meghan has come out and said it hasn’t come out in a way that they would have preferred.

“I always think that prehaps there’s something in there that she doesn’t want now to be in there.”

Harry and Meghan: Netflix tease dramatic end to documentary

In April 2021, Harry travelled to the UK without Meghan, who was pregnant with the couple’s daughter at the time.

Alongside a second trailer, which was released last Monday, Netflix confirmed that the bombshell show would be released in two parts.

The first three episodes were released last Thursday, on December 8, with the final three being released this week, on December 15.

The docu-series is the couple’s first major project to be released as part of their multi-million dollar deal with Netflix.

DON’T MISS

King Charles urged to hold back punishment plan for Harry [INSIGHT]
Prince Harry claims ‘they were happy to lie’ to ‘protect’ William [REVEAL]
Harry and Meghan urged to ‘prove’ new claims after ‘going too far’ [REPORT]

The couple signed the lucrative deal shortly after their departure as senior working royals in 2020.

In their departure statement, released on January 8, 2020, Meghan and Harry declared their wish to “work to become financially independent”.

The couple then left the the UK and settled into life in the US with their two children.

The couple moved to the US with their son Archie, now three, before welcoming their daughter, Lilibet Diana, in June 2021.

Source: Read Full Article