Teenager, 18, rushed to hospital after being ambushed and stabbed by 4

Sadiq Khan quizzed on London crime by Susanna Reid in May

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

A teenage woman has been rushed to hospital after four men ambushed and stabbed her in Tulse Hill, South London. The event, which police say the woman was “extremely lucky” to survive, is the third violent attack in Tulse Hill in less than seven days.

According to a statement by Metropolitan Police, the woman, 18, was opposite Tulse Hill station on Tuesday when she was attacked by four male suspects.

After attacking the woman, the men fled the scene.

So far, no arrests have been made and no clear motivation for the attack is known, police say.

She was found by police and paramedics at 9:20pm and rushed off to a south London hospital.

After her hospital visit, the woman’s injuries were confirmed to be not life-threatening and she is continuing to recover.

The detectives who are investigating the stabbing are appealing for witnesses and information to help their search.

Detective Sergeant Tom Dunn of the Central South CID which covers Tulse Hill said: “We know there were a lot of cars driving past the station around the time of this attack.

“I would ask any driver who was in the area at around 21:20hrs on Tuesday, 20 December and saw the events unfold to get in contact – I would also urge road users to check their dash cam footage to see if you have recorded the incident.

“A young woman has been extremely lucky to have escaped more serious injury and we need to make sure those responsible are identified and held to account.”

Anyone with information that could assist police is asked to call 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD7266/20Dec.

You can also provide information anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via their website.

The attack follows two other violent incidents in the area over the last several day.

Two men are in hospital after being shot in Tulse Hill as part of two seperate incidents. One of the men is fighting for his life.

The most recent of the shootings involved a 25-year-old man who was shot in Tulse Hill on Sunday just before 11pm, according to police.

It took place near a primary school on a busy main road linking Tulse Hill with Brixton to the north and Streatham in the South.

No arrests have been made but Met Police are continuing their investigation.

In a statement posted on Twitter, the police said: “We’re investigating a shooting on Tulse Hill just before 11pm.

“A 24yo man is in a serious condition in hospital. No arrest yet and cordons in place. Witnesses are asked to call 101 ref CAD 6357/18DEC or to remain anonymous contact Crimestoppers.”

Only two days before this incident, on Friday, Police were called after a man also in his 20s was shot in Tulse Hill.

The man was shot at 9:40pm on Friday and was taken to hospital for treatment.

Source: Read Full Article