Teens who trashed model village made to volunteer after their mortified mums turn them in

Southsea Model Village: Local attraction trashed by group

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

A group of four vandalised the seaside attraction in Portsmouth, Hants in the early hours of Monday morning last week. The following day, another group of teens broke into the site after it had closed, with CCTV stills of the incident quickly circulating on social media.

After recognising their children from the images, the culprits’ parents took things into their own hands.

The group were made to apologise to the Southsea Model Village staff, who otherwise may not have discovered who broke in.

They will now also volunteer at the attraction to make up for their actions from last Monday.

Mark Wilson, the owner, said: “We had three of the young lads come down to do some voluntary work and the police have spoken to them.

“They were a group of young lads – 13 or 14 years old – who broke in the second time.

“Their mums brought them down during the week. They were so embarrassed about what had happened.

“They said they opened Facebook and saw their sons’ pictures plastered all over it from the break-in.

“They were mortified – they were proper gutted they had to bring their sons down.”

According to Mr Wilson, the teens said they broke in out of “boredom”.

He added: “They have been sweeping up the paths, just some basic labouring tasks.

“The police attended the village to speak to the teenagers earlier.”

Several people have approached Southsea Model Village with information over the early Monday morning break-in, which Mr Wilson has passed onto the police.

He added: “They’re the ones we really want to get.”

DON’T MISS
Giant shark circling cruise ship sparks ‘megalodon’ fears [VIDEO]
AstraZeneca vaccine side effects: MHRA reports capillary leak syndrome [INSIGHT]
Your Gmail and Photos could be deleted! New Google rules from tomorrow [REVEAL]

Their actions cost the business over £500 in broken figurines and £1,200 in ruined model runway tracks.

Following the trespassing, the community rallied around the attraction by starting a GoFundMe page which has raised more than £8,500 in under a week.

The site has now installed more than 10 cameras which record in 4K quality, automatically detect movement and illuminate whoever is being filmed.

Mr Wilson said: “We could never have afforded it without the GoFundMe page. One of our volunteers put it up and it started to go crazy. We’re overwhelmed and amazed by the love the community has shown.

“And we wanted to show people where their money has gone.”

Donations to the GoFundMe page can be made here.

Source: Read Full Article