Toddler left fighting for life after eating 19 tiny magnets that burned hole in intestines

We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.

Reggie Hodgson was taken to hospital after feeling sick.

His worried parents initially thought it was just a tummy bug, but hospital staff found he was severely dehydrated and sent him for an X-ray.

The scan found 19 of the little magnetic balls inside Reggie’s body, prompting an emergency dash to Nottingham City Hospital for life-saving surgery.

The magnets had come from a toy used by Reggie’s brothers Harrison and Teddie.

They corroded and poisoned four separate areas of his body, causing damage to his insides including holes in his intestines and a bend in his bowel.

Mum Martina warned: “These silly little things are dangerous. I wouldn’t want anybody to feel the way I have the last few days.”

Source: Read Full Article