Meghan Markle: Queen's royal title choice predicted by experts
Meghan and Prince Harry have stepped down as senior royals to take control of their privacy, pursue their interests and achieve financial independence. However, while they work on their projects, they continue to be mindful of a promise they made in early 2020, royal expert Katie Nicholl said.
Discussing rumours Meghan, who has a knack for writing, could step into the world of publication and write a book, Ms Nicholl warned not to expect a tell-all book from the Duchess of Sussex.
The royal expert told Honey9: “Whatever they do, it’s important to remember they are still bound that pledge to the Royal Family, to uphold the values of the monarchy, to remain respectful of the monarchy whether or not they are working members of the institution.”
Meghan and Harry made this pledge in January 2020, shortly after they announced to the world their intention to step back as senior royals with a bombshell statement shared on Instagram.
On January 18, following the talks held at Sandringham between Prince Harry, Prince Charles, Prince William and the Queen, Buckingham Palace released a statement outlining the way forward for the Sussexes.
We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
It read: “With The Queen’s blessing, the Sussexes will continue to maintain their private patronages and associations.
“While they can no longer formally represent The Queen, the Sussexes have made clear that everything they do will continue to uphold the values of Her Majesty.”
Meghan and Harry officially stepped down as senior royals in late March last year.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have since struck deals with Netflix and Spotify, bought a family home in Montecito and prepared for the launch of their new foundation, Archewell.
Meghan and Harry have also spent time working behind the scenes to connect with charities and organisations in the US.
Hinting at a possible career as public speaker after the coronavirus pandemic, the Duchess has taken part in online forums and panels to discuss issues close to her heart such as social media and voter registration.
And in October she was praised for helping to break the taboo surrounding baby loss after she published a raw essay on her miscarriage, which took place in July.
Moreover, the couple have continued to remain in touch via video call with their patronages across the pond.
Ms Nicholl revealed the Sussex team thinks of the last nine months of 2020 as a success for the couple, who have made impressive achievements despite the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
The expert said: “I know from speaking to people in their camp that they see these deals as just massive, massive successes, and successes they are celebrating and rightly so.
“You have to salute them for what they’ve pulled off in nine months — deals with the biggest music giant and the biggest streaming TV giant — that is pretty impressive.
“So, the feeling at Sussex headquarters is that actually, this has been a very successful year.
“Financially it’s been successful, they’ve achieved a lot.”
Meghan and Harry’s pledge to uphold the Crown’s values will be key during the Megxit review taking place in two-month time.
During these talks, the Queen, Charles, William and the Sussexes will discuss the agreement in place and whether adjustments are needed.
Among the issues that royal watchers believe may be discussed there are the honorary military titles of Prince Harry.
The Duke relinquished his three beloved military patronages upon stepping down in March last year.
This move has been reportedly painful for Harry, a veteran who served in the Army for 10 years.
Source: Read Full Article