Prince Andrew: Expert discusses impact on Royal Family
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Royal observer Nigel Cawthorne has shed a light on the impact Megxit and the scandal engulfing Prince Andrew have had on the Royal Family. Buckingham Palace has been forced to weather the media scrutiny surrounding Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s decision to break off from the Crown and forge a new life in America. Meanwhile, Prince Andrew faces a US lawsuit over sexual abuse allegations from an alleged victim of the disgraced pedophile Jeffrey Epstein, the Duke strongly denies all claims against him.
Mr Cawthorne compared the lawsuit against Prince Andrew to the “controversy over Harry and Meghan’s distancing from the Royal Family.”
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced their intentions to step back from royal duties earlier this year and subsequently sat down for a bombshell tell-all interview with the US chatshow host Oprah.
The royal author warned the combined crises are taking their toll on Buckingham Palace
“I mean one can really see the wheels are coming off the House of Windsor,” he said.
JUST IN: Queen crisis as monarch ‘face catastrophe without Philip’
It comes as Ingrid Seward of Majesty Magazine has warned latest developments over Prince Andrew’s association with the convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein are at risk of becoming the “worst scandal ever encountered” by the monarchy.
Presenter Dan Wootton asked Ms Seward on GB News: “Do you agree this is the worst scandal the Royal Family have ever encountered?”
“It is potentially the worst scandal,” replied the royal expert.
“But at the moment no it is not the worst royal scandal they have encountered.
Prince Charles heartbreak as royal ‘adored’ Meghan Markle
On Wednesday solicitor Mark Stephens told Fox News that the Duke of York’s legal team will likely attempt to delay and prevent the case from being heard in a US court.
Mr Stephens told Fox News Business that there are a large number of “legal technicalities” with which the Duke of York’s lawyers can put forward his case.
He said: “The only way in which [Andrew’s] lawyers can properly defend this for him is to rely on the in numerical legal technicalities in the case.
“To effectively try and stave off the evil day when this actually sees the merits of this case inside a courtroom.”
Brexit LIVE: ERG to highlight EU’s failings in legal fightback [UPDATES]
Rejoiner lays out ‘salvation’ plan to take down Boris Johnson [REVEALED]
It’s crazy! Norwegian fishermen make urgent plea for UK fisheries deal [INSIGHT]
“And that could take as long as 20 to 30 years.”
Buckingham Palace previously released a statement to say: “The Duke of York unequivocally regrets his ill-judged association with Jeffrey Epstein. Epstein’s suicide left many unanswered questions, particularly for his victims. The Duke deeply sympathises with those affected who want some form of closure.
“It is his hope that, in time, they will be able to rebuild their lives. The Duke is willing to help any appropriate law enforcement agency with their investigations, if required.
“The Duke has already stated that he did not see, witness, or suspect any behaviour of the sort that subsequently led to Jeffrey Epstein’s arrest and conviction. He deplores the exploitation of any human being and would not condone, participate in, or encourage any such behaviour.”
Source: Read Full Article