Zara and Mike Tindall tested for coronavirus days before visit to Queen’s Balmoral estate

We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.

Zara and Mike were filmed taking part in a pilot programme for a 10-minute coronavirus test. The Tindalls undertook the test at the stables at their home in Gloucestershire. After their fingers were poked for a drop of blood the couple waited for a few minutes to discover they both tested negative for coronavirus.

Following the test, Zara and Mike uploaded their results to their V-Health Passports, a digital passport which showcase the results of these fast tests.

As ambassadors for cyber-technology company VST Enterprises, the pair were given the chance to try the at-home-kit.

Zara and Mike’s support of this organisation goes hand-in-hand with their love for sports.

This cyber-technology company believes that, if speedy tests were to be widely adopted, sportspeople could travel abroad and immediately show they had not contracted the virus. 

A few days after they tested negative, Zara and Mike travelled north to visit the Queen, Hello! magazine understood.

The couple are regulars at the Queen’s Scottish estate, where they have spent most of their summers with their two daughters, Mia and Lena.

This rumoured visit comes as a surprise, as Mike had previously hinted his family had trashed their plans to celebrate Princess Anne’70th birthday in Scotland. 

Speaking to The One Show, Mike said: “We did have plans, it would have been up in Scotland, but with COVID everything has been scaled back a bit.”

Many royal fans believed this meant the Tindalls intended to scrap any plans to travel to Balmoral this year.

However, Zara and Mike may have simply decided to celebrate Anne’s milestone birthday with their daughters, the Princess Royal and her husband Timothy Laurence to then travel alone at a later date to Balmoral.  

The Tindalls would not be the only members of the Royal Family to visit the Queen this year despite the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

Sophie, Countess of Wessex, her husband Prince Edward and their children Lady Louise and James, Viscount Severn, were spotted on a walk with the monarch earlier this month.

The family-of-four stayed more than two metres away from the Queen, who wore a headscarf, a light down and a casual skirt.

In mid-August, Princess Eugenie and her husband Jack Brooksbank were also spotted arriving at Balmoral. 

Pictures shared online of the younger daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson sent Twitter users into a frenzy, with many believing they had spotted a “baby bump” under Eugenie’s wide green jacket.

This year’s trip to Balmoral will be starkly different from the ones royals are used to.

In order to keep Balmoral Castle COVID-free, none of the guests will be allowed to stay at the main house. 

Similarly, royal fans hoping to catch a glimpse of the royals on their way to church on Sunday will be sorely disappointed, as an aide said the Queen is unlikely to worship at Crathie Kirk this year.

A royal aide said: “It is simply a sensible precaution in the circumstances.”

This decision would not only protect the Queen but also avoid the mass gathering of well-wishers outside of the church.    

Source: Read Full Article