SHOCKING footage has surfaced of a boy believed to be as young as five dancing at Travis Scott's doomed Astroworld concert on Friday night, during which eight people died.
More than 300 other attendees were also injured at the chaotic and "disorganized" event in Houston, Texas after a crowd of around 50,000 people stampeded toward the stage in a panic-fueled surge.
The eight victims' ages ranged from 14 to 27 and have all since been identified.
At least 23 of the hundreds injured were hospitalized, five of whom were under 18. Eleven of those taken to hospital suffered cardiac arrest, officials said.
Local police are currently investigating the possible cause of the crush and whether there were any "missteps" in the planning and execution of the event, Police Chief Troy Finner said.
In the meantime, festival-goers have been sharing footage of the tragedy on social media, showing revelers' pleas for help ignored and medics struggling to evacuate bodies from the crowd as Scott's performance continued on.
One of the latest shocking images to emerge from the event surfaced on Twitter on Monday, showing a young boy in the crowd who's alleged to be just five years old.
In the clip, the child can be seen sitting on top of a young man’s shoulders as they dance through the crowd while Travis Scott is heard performing in the background.
The footage has since racked up 2.2 million views and over 21,400 likes.
Read our Travis Scott Astroworld Festival live blog for the very latest news and updates…
In her caption, Twitter user Jacqueline wrote: “Everybody asking why a 10 yr old was there when a 5-year-old was damn near front n center,” followed by the hashtag #astroworldfestival. [sic]
“The trauma this kid is gonna go thru,” wrote one viewer.
“This generation of parents is worse than the Woodstock era,” another added.
Another bystander at the event commented that it appears the child was in the VIP area: “They were right next to me too but I can say it was in VIP it was still hectic tho.” [sic]
Another festival-goer disagreed on the safety in the VIP section, commenting: “THIS WAS VIP! WE HAD THIS ON LOCK! None of that mosh s**t. One mf tried it we sent him all the way round. I stood there.” [sic]
However, a third did not agree, adding: “I was in VIP and it was insane. I couldn’t breathe, so this is somewhat false.”
The disaster unfolded around 9:15pm local time when the crowd began to surge toward the stage and people “began to fall out, become unconscious and it created additional panic,” Houston Police Chief Lt. Larry Satterwhite said on Saturday.
Satterwhite, who had been working near the stage, said medics onsite were so overwhelmed they had to ask people in the crowd to administer CPR to other attendees in peril.
Other videos captured from the scene showed a cameraman ignoring attendees who were begging him to stop the show because people were dying; multiple others showed fans dancing atop ambulances as they attempted to reach unconscious people in the crowd.
Scott broke his silence over the tragedy on Saturday afternoon, saying he was “absolutely devastated" by what had transpired the night previous.
"My fans really mean the world to me and I always wanna leave them with a positive experience and anytime I can make out anything that’s going on, I stop the show and help them get the help they need, you know?" he said.
The rapper, whose real name is Jacques Bermon Webster II, added that he is working with the proper authorities and is asking fans from the event to do the same.
"If you have any information, please just contact your local authorities. Everyone continue to just keep your prayers."
Scott ended the statement by saying he was "devastated" over what transpired and reiterated that he could "never imagine anything like this happening."
"I’m gonna do everything I can to keep you guys updated and keep you guys informed on what’s going on."
Meanwhile, his girlfriend Kylie Jenner said she's heartbroken, writing: "Travis and I are broken and devastated. My thoughts and prayers are with all who lost their lives, were injured or affected in any way by yesterday's events.
"And also for Travis who I know cares deeply for his fans and the Houston community," Jenner continued.
"I want to make it clear we weren't aware of any fatalities until the news came out after the show and in no world would have continued filming or performing.
"I am sending my deepest condolences to all the families during this difficult time and will be praying for the healing of everyone who has been impacted."
LAWSUITS PILE UP
Scott is reportedly facing numerous lawsuits following the disaster at The Astroworld festival show.
According to Billboard, a festival attendee, Manuel Souza, filed a petition in Harris County District Court against Scott, organizer ScoreMore and concert company Live Nation.
The lawsuit alleges that Scott and his producing partners placed emphasis on “a motivation for profit at the expense of concertgoers’ health and safety."
The plaintiff's attorney, Steve Kherkher, wrote: “Defendants failed to properly plan and conduct the concert in a safe manner.
“Instead, they consciously ignored the extreme risks of harm to concertgoers, and, in some cases actively encouraged and fomented dangerous behaviors."
Alongside Drake, Scott has also been accused of "inciting mayhem" during the Friday night incident.
In light of the mounting lawsuits, Scott canceled a planned appearance at the Las Vegas festival Day N Vegas this weekend.
He has also offered to pay for the funerals of all of the victims and will be partnering with online therapy provider BetterHelp to supply one month of free one-on-one therapy for festival attendees.
"Travis remains in active conversations with the city of Houston, law enforcement and local first responders to respectfully and appropriately connect with the individuals and families of those involved," Scott's spokesperson said in a statement.
"These are the first of many steps Travis plans on taking as a part of his personal vow to assist those affected throughout their grieving and recovery process.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The US Sun team?
Email us at [email protected] or call 212 416 4552.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS
Source: Read Full Article