British couple found dead in Majorca after 'carbon monoxide poisoning'

British couple are found dead in their Majorca home after ‘carbon monoxide poisoning’: Man, 62, and his partner, 56, ‘are discovered TWO DAYS after gas leak’ – as Spanish cops launch probe

A British couple have been found dead in their home in Majorca after a suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

A person looking after the pair’s country home went to the property because their son who lives in the UK  was worried because he couldn’t contact them. 

The unnamed couple were found dead, one of the bodies was found on a chair and the other in bed.

The man was 62 and his partner 56.

Police were alerted after the discovery was made around 4pm today at the property in Selva at the foot of the Tramuntana mountains, regarded as one of the island’s most beautiful towns. 

A Civil Guard source said post mortems had not taken place yet but investigators were considering the theory the deaths were potentially linked to the faulty combustion of a butane gas heater inside the house.

Carbon monoxide is extremely harmful when breathed as it displaces the oxygen and deprives organs of necessary air.

Large amounts can cause damage to the body within hours or even minutes, potentially causing death.

Symptoms such as headache, dizziness, nausea, rapid heartbeat, seizures, chest pain, and loss of consciousness can occur.

Source: Read Full Article