Family of boy who died from eating popcorn left 'disappointed' by inquest

THE family of a boy who died from eating cinema popcorn say they have been left disappointed by his inquest findings.

Ruben Bousquet, 14, suffered a severe anaphylactic shock after eating the snack at an Odeon in London last April.

The talented ice hockey player was allergic to milk, soya and eggs and died the following day.

Southwark coroner Andrew Harris found that the popcorn had caused his death.

But he was unable to determine whether supplier Thomas Tucker or the cinema had been been responsible for it becoming contaminated with milk protein.

Mum Judith, from Lee, South East London said: “We‘re disappointed there is no sound conclusion. We wanted closure.”


GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]

Source: Read Full Article