Golfer who ‘beat pensioner to death in car park’ caught due to crazy hole-in-one

A golfer was arrested after allegedly beating an 87-year-old man to death in a country club car park.

Police were able to identify and detain Robert Edward Moore, 76, thanks to a photo of him celebrating an unlikely hole-in-one.

According to Law&Crime, court documents show he was charged with one count of aggravated manslaughter of an elderly person.

READ MORE: Cop caught in undercover police sting 'trying to have sex with underage girl'

Sumter County Sheriff’s Office rushed to the Glenview Country Club in Florida, US, on June 28 following a report of a vehicular incident. Before they arrived a woman called 911 to say her husband, later identified as Dean Zook, had been attacked by another man.

She told deputies her husband had accidentally struck a black Lexus RX350 with his own car and caused "minor damage". The alleged assailant then shouted: "What the hell, you hit my car!"

Zook admitted it was his fault and tried to exchange insurance information. Moore is then alleged to have hit him "in the jaw with a closed fist".

Police wrote in a probable cause affidavit: "The victim attempted to put his hands up to defend himself, but was unable to protect himself from the continuing punches thrown by the unknown subject."

Moore is then said to have realised the black Lexus RX350 was not actually his car, just the same model. "He left the victim in search of his actual vehicle without any further word," the document stated.

Police could not find the attacker as he left before they arrived, although CCTV showed him wearing a "distinct blue polo shirt".

Investigators got the name "Robert Moore" from the credit card the suspect used to buy food at the club, and a quick Google search turned up an image of him in a similar blue polo shirt.

It was an in article from the Villages-News from November last year and showed him triumphantly posing on a green following "a hole-in-one on Hole #6 at the Tarpon Boil Executive Golf Course". He was arrested on July 26.

Zook was taken to hospital following the incident, where it was discovered he had a bleed on the brain. His condition continued to deteriorate and he was sadly pronounced dead on July 15.

Moore was released after posting a $30,000 (£23,500) bond. He is due in court for his arraignment on September 26.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

Source: Read Full Article