Meghan and Harry’s Oprah talk ‘won’t be pulled’ if Philip’s health gets worse

The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's bombshell Oprah Winfrey interview will air irrespective of Prince Philip's condition, a TV source has claimed.

CBS is set to air the sit-down chat on March 7, but the channel, as well as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, have faced calls for it to be postponed while Philip, 99, is in hospital.

The Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to King Henry VII Hospital in central London on February 16 and was moved to a second medical facility on March 1 for treatment for “an infection” and monitoring of a pre-existing heart condition, Buckingham Palace said.

He is comfortable and “responding to treatment” but is expected to stay in hospital for another week, meaning his stay could overlap with Meghan and Harry’s controversial interview.

So far, there has been no mention of a delay, and if Philip’s condition worsens, they face detonating a “diplomatic bomb” if they don’t pull the interview, an insider says.

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

The source told the Mirror CBS has "sold millions" of dollars "worth of advertising" around the interview and would be reluctant to pull the show.

However, bosses are "aware” of the Duke’s condition.

The TV insider said: “CBS has sold millions of dollars worth of advertising around the interview, but bosses are aware of the delicacy of the Duke’s health."

  • Prince Harry and Meghan Markle urged to 'delay' Oprah interview while Philip in hospital

A sneak peak of the 60-minute special aired on YouTube on March 1, showing a very pregnant Meghan clutching her baby bump.

Oprah asked the Suits star if she was "silent" or "silenced" in her position as a senior Royal before the camera dramatically cut.

Prince Harry was also teased in the clip, holding Meghan’s hand as he faced questions about the couple’s controversial decision to step back as senior members of the Royal Family.

He also touched on his mother, Princess Diana’s, tragic death, and made a veiled dig at his father.

  • Meghan Markle
  • Prince Harry

Source: Read Full Article