A horrified mum found insects crawling around inside a packet of Tesco rice while cooking dinner for her son.
The woman, identified only as Miss Brown, made the discovery as she took a scoop out of the Laila basmati rice.
She immediately returned the product to the Tesco Extra on Eastgate Road in Bristol and got a full refund from the shop.
Miss Brown told Bristol Live: “[I] saw something black crawling. I looked in the bag and saw more things crawling."
After returning the 2kg bag of Laila basmati rice, Miss Brown was told it would be sent off for inspection.
However, a response could take up to three months.
Miss Brown, a mature student, added: “People should be made aware of this to check their own bags of rice."
The bugs in Miss Brown’s rice appear to bare a strong resemblance to insects called “weevils”.
Sex robot says they'll wait until humans 'destroy themselves' before 'taking over'
While weevils can be difficult to exterminate because they multiply quickly, the insects themselves are not harmful to humans.
As well as a full refund, Miss Brown yesterday received a £10 goodwill voucher from the supermarket giant.
A Tesco spokesperson said: “We are sorry to hear about this.
"Our rice is thoroughly checked throughout the production process and again at the packaging stage.
"We’re pleased to hear that the customer brought the packet into store so our colleagues could provide a refund and investigate."
In February, AMcDonald’scustomer lifted up their burger bun and found a mystery ingredient – what appeared to be a dead insect.
The punter ordered a Big Tasty from the McDonald's restaurant in Parsonage Retail Park in Wigan, Greater Manchester.
Uber Eats delivered their order just after 9pm but the customer was immediately put off their meal after spotting the offending "bug".
Get latest news headlines delivered free
Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?
We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.
Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
They posted a picture of the gross find online and added: "McDonald’s Parsonage Retail Park, make sure you check inside your burgers, knocked me sick."
A McDonald’s spokesperson told the Manchester Evening News that the company had launched an investigation.
They said: “We are sorry to hear about this customer’s experience. Food safety is of the utmost importance to us and we place great emphasis on quality control, following rigorous standards to avoid any imperfections.”
Source: Read Full Article