The Queen made a promise to her late husband Prince Philip that she wouldn't mourn for too long after he died.
Her Majesty appeared in very good spirits just a few months after the Duke of Edinburgh died and according to a royal expert shows she kept to her word.
Richard Kay, Daily Mail columnist, said that the couple often spoke about how they would cope without the other by their side and promised to make sure they would make an effort to enjoy life.
"The two had often discussed how each would cope without the other at their side, and it boiled down to this: whoever was left should mourn, but not for too long, then enjoy what remained of their life," Kay wrote.
"The two had often discussed how each would cope without the other at their side, and it boiled down to this: whoever was left should mourn, but not for too long, then enjoy what remained of their life," he wrote in a recent column.
He added: "Covid changed everything but, crucially, it brought an unexpected dividend in that she and Philip were together for the last 13 months of his life."
Prince Harry 'destined for lifetime of regret' and 'no second chances' – expert
In other news, Meghan Markle's sister, Samantha, has shared her thoughts on Prince Harry's announcement that he will not be attending a memorial service for Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.
Harry will not return to the UK from the US to join the Royal Family at the high-profile occasion in Westminster Abbey on March 29, a spokesperson for the duke confirmed.
For more of the latest news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up for one of our newsletters here.
Philip died just under a year ago in April 2021 at the age of 99, with Harry returning to the UK for his funeral, without Meghan.
The duke wants to bring his son Archie and baby daughter Lilibet to visit from the US, but he and his family are "unable to return to his home" because it is too dangerous, a legal representative previously said.
Source: Read Full Article