'Sadistic' teenage girl, 17, and two men jailed for life after torturing doctor to death as she laughed in park

A SADISTIC teen who murdered a doctor in a homophobic attack with two others has been caged for life.

Dionne Timms-Williams was just 16 when she helped torture dad-of-two Dr Gary Jenkins, 54, to death as he begged her to stop.

She was today caged for life with a minimum of 17 years and 125 days after previously being found guilty of murder.

Co-defendants Jason Edwards, 25, and Lee Strickland, 36, were also jailed for life for murdering Dr Jenkins in Bute Park, Cardiff.

They will serve a minimum term of 32 years and 123 days in prison before being eligible for parole.

The court was told Timms-Williams was seen laughing as she punched and kicked the consultant psychiatrist.

Read more news

Man who ‘killed missing mum’ denies murdering 2nd woman who also vanished

Man, 40, held over ‘murder’ of missing mum 10 years after disappearance

The brutal attack was motivated by "greed, homophobia and a straightforward liking of violence".

In a harrowing 15 minute audio clip, Dr Jenkins could be heard as he was "cruelly beaten, robbed, tortured and left for dead".

Timms-Williams could be heard yelling "money" and "now" before a slew of homophobic insults were directed at the dad-of-two.

Dr Jenkins repeatedly pleaded "why" and "please, stop it" before his pained moans grow quieter.

Most read in The Sun

slim jim

James Argent is slimmer than EVER after being warned by doctors to put ON weight


Council tax rebate worth £150 to start hitting bank accounts within DAYS


Brother of thug who kidnapped Angel Lynn & left her brain-damaged mocks her online

'yes it's a fix!'

DOI star Brendan Cole stuns Holly and Phil by saying the show IS fixed

The teen then demanded "Get down", "Do it all over again", "Do it", "Hit him again" as a male voice added: "Stamp on his head. Stamp on his head too."

At one stage, passer-by attempts to intervene but is then assaulted.

The girl says: "Yeah, I needed that."

Bystander Louis Williams, who bravely fought back to the stop the attack, described the girl as "f***ing evil and sadistic”.

Dr Jenkins, who lived alone in Cardiff after separating from his wife six years earlier, was taken to hospital but died two weeks later.

Prosecutor Dafydd Enoch QC described the teenager as a "very troubled young woman".

He said: "We ask you not to make the mistake in this case of assuming that 16-year-old was some sort of wilting flower caught up in something that was not of her making.

"The reality is a million miles from that scenario. For her to have acted in that way she must be a very troubled young woman.

“She was loud and confident and was laughing during the attack. It was torture, pure and simple."

Timms-Williams left Edwards and fellow killer Strickland following the attack to calmly walk to a petrol station to charge her phone.

She received a text message from her mum Lisa at 2.02am asking: "Do you want picking up? xx" before she replied: "No I'm okay thanks."

The teenage killer then went to stay at a friend's house after leaving Dr Jenkins unconscious near the Summerhouse Cafe.


She stayed up “chatting about general stuff" before going to bed and returning to her village home the following day.

In her prepared statement to police, she claimed she was forced to join in the attack because she was "scared for her life".

She said: "I saw one of the males throwing a punch. I saw him fall to the floor. They were both kicking and punching.

"They said 'come on', for me to join in. I was terrified and scared for my life. I thought if I didn't do what he wanted I would die. I couldn't believe what was going on.

"I have never been in the city centre at night on my own. I have never witnessed anything like that in my life."

Dr Jenkins was bisexual, and was known by his friends and colleagues to go to the city centre park at night to participate in consensual sex with other men.

The prosecution said the attack on Dr Jenkins was "motivated by greed, homophobia and a straight forward liking of violence" and the three accused had been "in search of vulnerable gay men who were in the park for sex" to rob.

He was rushed to the University Hospital of Wales after the attack but he died of an "unsurvivable brain injury" 16 days later.

Edwards, Strickland and Timms-Williams pleaded guilty to manslaughter, robbery and assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

    Source: Read Full Article