Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to the Daily Star’s newsletter
We have more newsletters
The sister of Eve Smith – one of the three victims of the Newport road crash – has paid an emotional tribute to the dead 21-year-old.
Sherridan Borg had already lost another sister in a road accident when Xana Doyle, 19, was killed in an horror smash involving a drug driver. Eve was 13 at the time of the tragedy while Sherridan was 15.
Now Sherridan says her two lost sisters will be "safe up there together".
READ MORE: Man killed in horror Newport crash was ex-Cardiff and QPR footballer's son
As police officially named the three young people who lost their lives in the horror smash, Sherridan said: "Eve, My beautiful little sister I've cried laughed and fought with you every week, but I've never been without you."
The three people killed with Eve in the accident have been named by South Wales Police as Rafel Jeanne, 24, from Cardiff, and Darcy Ross, 21, from Newport.
Two other people who had been in the car when it crashed off the A48 near Newport – Sophie Russon, 20, and Shane Loughlin, 32, were left alive but severely injured after the crash.
In a cruel twist of fate, Sophie's mum had driven within 20 yards of the spot where the bank worker lay gravely injured in the car alongside her three dead friends.
Teen volleyball star loses legs after driver sends another car flying into her
South Wales Police said officers are continuing to investigate the fatal accident on the A48(M) in the St Mellons area of Cardiff.
Emergency services discovered a Volkswagen Tiguan vehicle at 12.15am on March 6 after a police helicopter and police and fire officers were deployed to the scene.
“Two further people were taken to the University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff where they remain in a critical condition,” a force spokesman said.
“Investigations are ongoing to determine the circumstances of the incident, including when the collision took place.
“The five individuals were the subject of inquiries by Gwent Police following a missing person report made during the evening of Saturday March 4.
“A subsequent missing person report in respect of one of the individuals was made to South Wales Police on Sunday March 5.”
'TikTok detective' who joined Nicola Bulley search arrested and fined by cops
South Wales Police said in a statement: “Referrals have been made by Gwent Police and South Wales Police to the Independent Office for Police Conduct.
“The last confirmed sighting of the five was during the early hours of Saturday morning.”
Assistant Chief Constable Jason Davies, of South Wales Police, added: “Our thoughts are with the families of all those affected by this tragic incident.
“Specialist officers are carrying out an investigation to piece together what has happened.
“Family liaison officers are supporting the families involved at what must be a hugely difficult time for them.
“To ensure independent oversight, South Wales Police has referred the matter to the Independent Office for Police Conduct, as is usual in these circumstances.”
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
- Three bodies found in search for missing women last seen on Newport night out
- Bodies found in search for missing Newport clubbers include car crash victim's sister
- Russia 'destroys secret island base where Ukraine's navy was taught by British soldiers'
- Piers Morgan hits out at Harry and Meghan over 'arrogant' coronation statement
- America's rotting ghost towns left wasting away as disasters and costs see locals flee
- In the News
Source: Read Full Article