Princess Diana "would be heartbroken" to see what is happening between her sons Prince Harry and Prince William, an insider has been claimed.
It comes following reports that Harry may not come back to the UK to unveil a statue in his mum’s honour in the grounds of Kensington Palace in July if his wife Meghan Markle is not handed an official role in the unveiling ceremony.
The brothers have been widely reported to not be on the best of terms following Harry and wife Meghan Markle’s bombshell interview with US chat show host Oprah Winfrey earlier this year.
The statue to Diana will sit in the Sunken Garden at her former Kensington Palace home – where she would regularly spend her time cutting flowers for her home, a friend has revealed.
Those close to the family are reported in Radar as saying the garden is the "perfect" place to pay tribute to William and Harry's mum, but are desperate for both brothers to be for the big day.
"The design on the statue was signed off by William and Harry," a friend reportedly told gossip website Radar.
"And even after Harry left the UK he was kept up to date on the progress and received photos of the work taking place. What is happening now would break Diana’s heart."
They added: "Diana loved spending time in the gardens at Kensington Palace. It was her refuge and sanctuary.
"She would cut flowers from the garden for her desk. Her two boys picked the perfect place for the statue, now let’s hope they BOTH are there when it is unveiled."
Prince Harry is reportedly "demanding" his wife Meghan Markle be an official part of the ceremony to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Princess Diana's death – or he may not show up himself.
A source reportedly told the site: "Harry is demanding the Meghan be part of the official ceremony.
"She will not be able to attend in person because of the couple's second child, but Harry is pushing to have comments prepared by Meghan included in the event or a video message featuring his wife released to the media the same day the brothers unveil the statue."
When William and Harry announced they were commissioning the statue, the brothers said in a joint statement that they “hope that the statue will help those who visit Kensington Palace to reflect on their mother’s life and legacy".
Queen 'has no desire' to pressure Harry and Meghan to drop their royal titles
“It has been 20 years since our mother’s death and the time is right to recognise her positive impact in the UK and around the world with a permanent statue," they said in 2017.
“Our mother touched so many lives. We hope the statue will help all those who visit Kensington Palace to reflect on her life and her legacy.”
Meghan and Harry officially stepped back from their roles as senior royals on March 31 last year, moving first to Canada and later Los Angeles when the US was placed on lockdown due to coronavirus.
Daily Star has contacted Harry's Archewell representative about claims he may not go to the ceremony.
Source: Read Full Article