Urgent warning to check sunscreen bottles for crucial indicator you're not protected after woman reveals horror 'burn' | The Sun

A WOMAN revealed a horror burn she got after wearing sunscreen, prompting people to check a crucial indicator that could change its effectiveness.

The TikTok user shared her unsightly wound telling people to make sure they check the expiration date before using sunscreen.

Morgan Vacala posted the video on the social media app with the caption, "Don't be stupid, check the expiration date on your sunscreen."

She wrote in a text overlay, "I'll never forget the look on the doctors face," while showing off a painful burn on her forehead.

People took to the comments to get more information on the painful tale.

"IT EXPIRES??? I'm a grown adult and didn't realize," one person commented.

read more sun stories

Urgent hunt for two inmates as terrifying details of daring escape emerge

Morgan responded, "my forehead will tell you it does in fact expire."

Another person said, "Happened to me as a child. That's why I always buy new sunscreen every year. Ouch!"

Apparently, sunscreen loses its effectiveness as it sits, the FDA reports.

"To make sure that your sunscreen is providing the sun protection promised in its labeling, the FDA recommends that you do not use sunscreen products that have passed their expiration date (if there is one), or that have no expiration date and were not purchased within the last three years," the FDA says.

Most read in US News


Shock twist after judge found dead in home & suspect's chilling hit list emerges


Girl who used friend's blood to survive Texas massacre wells up at hearing


UFO sighting spooks onlookers after watching ball of light for an HOUR


US gun violence kills 700 including 80 kids in 2wks since Texas shooting

"Expired sunscreens should be discarded because there is no assurance that they remain safe and fully effective."

Morgan posted a follow-up video explaining what happened the day she got her severe burn.

"One year ago today I was standing in this exact spot without a hat on wearing expired sunscreen," she said standing in a pool.

She panned the camera to a group of friends who then humorously chanted "Don't buy Banana Boat!"

Morgan also posted a third video of the healing process after she got the massive burn on her forehead.

Read More On The Sun

Coroner reveals what happens to Texas school shooter’s body after massacre

Death row inmate’s strange last meal request revealed after execution

"It took about 2-3 weeks to fully heal. I grew up boating & always in the pool. Never had an issue burning like this," she wrote in a text overlay.

The US Sun reached out to Edgwell Personal Care, the company that manages the Banana Boat brand, for comment, but they did not immediately respond.

    Source: Read Full Article